KDTC Re-opening – Sunday 5th July 2020
Following a meeting on Monday night 29 June 2020, we have agreed to re-open the Club from Sunday 5 July 2020. There will be procedures put in place as required to enable us to carry on with training. Hand sanitiser and wipes will be available at the Club but it will be helpful if you have some of your own as well.
Please see below for more information:
Limited Classes Available
• For this Sunday only there will be NO Puppy Class, any new puppies can be registered this Sunday to enable them to start training the following week Sunday 12 July. Registration will start from 11.00 am.
• Our eight week courses will operate as usual and anyone who started the eight week course in March where three training sessions had taken place before the lockdown, this course will start again from week one.
• There will only be Basic and Class 1 taking place this Sunday. We will post on our website in due course when the other classes will recommence.
• There will be No Agility until further notice due to the handling of the equipment.
Covid-19 Precautions During Classes
• There will only be one person attending training with your dog, partners and children will not be allowed to come along until further notice. Please can you also make sure you bring yourself and your dog a drink,
• There will be No handling of any dogs by any other person except yourself during the training session at the Club.
• On arrival at the Club please go straight onto the field and join your class, with the exception of Basic and Class 1 who will need to go to the Club House to pay their £2.00 fee. Please ensure you have the correct fee as there will be no handling/exchange of money will be permitted. Please then join your class on the field. Once the class has finished please leave the field and go back to your car and leave promptly as required.
• Toilet facilities will be available but there will be no access to the kitchen for making any drinks until further notice.
• There will be a one way in and one way out policy, which will be sign posted as required.
PLEASE NOTE: SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL NEED TO BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES. WEARING OF MASKS IN NOT MANDATORY AS WE ARE TRAINING OUTSIDE. BUT FEEL FREE TO WEAR ONE IF THIS IS YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE
Great Advice For Puppies During Lockdown
Socialisation is a crucial part of a puppy’s development. Through various activities, we can teach them how to relate appropriately to people, different situations and other animals, but during lockdown we are unable to socialise puppies in all the ways we ordinarily would.
Click on the link below for some great advice from the Blue Cross and make the best of this challenging situation and prepare your puppy for life beyond lockdown.